Teacher's Day is celebrated with great enthusiasm in many parts of the world. The day is dedicated to teachers, who play an prominent role in the life of their students. The teachers act as the guide for life, show the path towards success and enrich the personality of their disciples by imparting ethical and academic knowledge. They bring out the untamed talents of their students and sharpen it in order to bring out the best results.Belated post.
Dr Sarvepalli Radhakrishnan Virswami, OM, FBA, (Telugu:సర్వేపల్లి రాధాకృష్ణ) (5 September 1888 – 17 April 1975), was an Indian philosopher and statesman.
In India celebrate teacher’s day on 5th Sept. every year throughout the country, to mark the birth anniversary of Dr. Sarvapalli RadhaKrishnan, the second president of India, a profound philosopher, statesman and educationalist of exceptional stature. In fact, Teachers day commemorates the memory of Dr. Radhakrishnan and his notable contributions to the cause of education. This day also recall and acknowledge theimmense contributions of countless teachers of our nation.
Teacher is an English word and the Sanskrit word for teacher is GURU, which comes from GU and RU. The GU indicates the darkness and RU indicates which removes the darkness. Therefore, a teacher’s role is a torch bearer and pivot of any educational system of younger students. On him rests the failure or the success of the system. If the teachers are well educated and if they are intellectually alive and take keen interest in their responsibility, then only the success is ensured. Teaching, in fact, is not a job, it is an attitude. Teacher is a source of information, a guide, a mentor, a motivator, all at the same time.
Famous Sayings About Teachers:
1. "Teaching is not a lost art, but the regard for it is a lost tradition."-Jacques Barzun
2. "The true teacher defends his pupils against his own personal influence. He inspires self-distrust. He guides their eyes from himself to the spirit that quickens him. He will have no disciple."-Amos Bronson Alcott
3. "A good teacher is like a candle-it consumes itself to light the way for others."
4. "Teaching is leaving a vestige of one self in the development of another. And surely the student is a bank where you can deposit your most precious treasures."-Eugene P. Bertin
5. "A teacher's purpose is not to create students in his own image, but to develop students who can create their own image."
6. "Teaching is the profession that teaches all the other professions."
7. "The best teachers teach from the heart, not from the book."
8. "A teacher affects eternity; he can never tell where his influence stops."-Henry Brooks Adams
9. "Better than a thousand days of diligent study is one day with a great teacher."-Japanese proverb
10."A gifted teacher is as rare as a gifted doctor, and makes far less money".
11. “Those who educate children well are more to be honoured than parents, for these only gave life, those the art of living well”.-Aristotle